It’s January 12th. But it’s more than just National Curried Chicken Day and yet another day down in my National Food Holiday Challenge, but it’s Sunday Supper’s 2nd birthday. Welcome to our virtual birthday party!
In 2013 I focused mainly on local restaurants and so I wasn’t too much of a participant in Sunday Supper, but I continued to follow along every week and check in on what the regulars were doing and how the group was growing. It’s hard to believe that it’s only been two years, yet it’s hard to believe that it’s already been two years.
Today we are making any dish and sharing our favorite Sunday Supper memory. My favorite moment was sharing my spinach dip recipe. It’s a favorite at family gatherings, parties with friends, bridal and baby showers, and just to munch on in the middle of the afternoon at home. I was met with great feedback and encouragement, really saw what Sunday Supper was about and how supportive this group is, and it remains one of the posts with the most traffic at my site.
Today for National Curried Chicken Day and in celebration of Sunday Supper, I have Curried Chicken Skewers to share.
My favorite place for curry in Tampa is at Wat Mongkolratanaram (or as us Tampanians affectionately call it, Thai Temple). My husband and I go very often. He heads for the curry line while I stand in the noodle bowl line and then we meet back up and find a bench to enjoy our food at.
When I saw curried chicken on the food holiday calendar, I was so excited because I hadn’t made curry anything before and I had always wanted to try. Mike has also been growing a lot of herbs on our back patio and I was finally going to have a chance to use up some lemongrass.
A lot of spices and herbs were involved, but the prepping and cooking were easy and with the addition of some sticky rice, we had a new favorite in our house, just like that.
- Wooden skewers
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped lemongrass
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken pieces with all ingredients. Cover and let marinate for at least 1 hour. Remove chicken from bowl and create skewers.
- Grill chicken skewers on medium for 8-10 minutes, turning once in the middle of cooking.
- Serve with sticky rice.
Tomorrow: National Peach Melba Day
Now check out the rest of the Sunday Supper participants for this week below. Go to their blogs, read about their favorite #SundaySupper moment, and show them some love.
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.