National Mulled Wine Day | Mulled Wine
It’s National Mulled Wine Day! Are you celebrating? I celebrated yesterday in preparation for this post, but it’s all the same in my house these days. (Have you seen my National Cold Cuts Day recipe from today? I made a Thanksgiving Sandwich!!!!!!!)
This is what I learned about mulled wine:
- It’s frequently consumed over the holidays, or winter.
- It’s similar to a Hot Toddy, but with wine, obviously.
- Mulled wine is wine that is sweetened, spiced, and heated.
Okay, all good things. Sounds good and The Foodie Patootie approved.
- 1/2 bottle red wine (I used Pinot Noir)
- Zest and juice from 1 orange + 1 small orange, cut into 6ths
- 2 cups apple cider
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine all ingredients, except the orange cut into sixths, into a large saucepan. Bring up to a boil, then lower to medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into cups or mugs along with 3 orange sections for each.
Tomorrow: National Pound Cake Day