National Lemon Cream Pie Day | Creamy Lemon Pie
“It’s not easy being cheesy”. Well, why not, Cheeto Man?! It’s certainly easy being lemony. I love the tartness of lemons, the acidity that pairs well with olive oil for a nice, light dressing on my salad. The zest, used just right on a grilled chicken and arugula flatbread….
I always have lemons in the refrigerator, for many things. I told Mike that we have to have a lemon tree when we finally get a yard and can plant such things. I dream of getting my wicker basket and collecting those precious lemons from my own yard and making a ton of food with them. It would be a kitchen full of lemon.
For today, National Lemon Cream Pie Day, I am showing you a previous dessert I made for the first National Pie Day of the year (on the second pie day, just recently, I made Italian Shephard’s Pie). It’s a Creamy Lemon Pie that we loved…loved so much it hurt. As in, I ate so much I ended up with a stomachache. Oh, the price we pay for a great meal.
Creamy Lemon Pie
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust, or any other kind of crust
- 2 ounces sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- Zest of one lemon
- Cook crust according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, condensed milk, and eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract, lemonade, and lemon zest to cream mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and bake for 20 minutes.
- Move into the refrigerator and let set for a couple of hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and additional lemon zest.