National Artichoke Hearts Day | Creamy Green Pizza for #SundaySupper
This Sunday Supper is all about greens. After all, St. Patrick’s Day is tomorrow and let’s face it- greens are delicious! Today is also National Artichoke Hearts Day. If you are new around these parts, I’m cooking through the food holidays on this blog so it totally worked out that I could participate in Sunday Supper and have my recipe for the food holiday.
A week ago I had the unbelievable experience of visiting HSN and meeting some quality chefs whom I’ve followed for quite a while now. (You can read my part 1 recap post here. Part 2 is coming soon.) Since I was part of the live audience the next day and had the chance to watch Chef Curtis Stone and Chef Donatella Arpaia in action on the set, I received a goodie bag packed with a Curtis tote, recipes from all #HSNCooks chefs and 3 bags of Donatella’s pizza dough. I received regular, Italian Herb, and Garlic pizza doughs so I used the Italian Herb for this recipe, but any pizza dough will do (although probably won’t be as great, hehe).
I had a small struggle with this pizza, quite honestly. I originally used fresh artichoke leaves, but they browned really quickly in the oven. Then I made sure to use a fair amount of lemon juice on new leaves, but they still browned. In the end, it worked out just fine. Plus, how can anything be bad when goat cheese is involved?
My favorite part of the pizza was the topping of arugula and fresh lemon juice that I finished the pie with. Peppery arugula and bright, sour lemon makes a combo of flavors that I’ll never tire of.
My love for pizza exists for more than just the grease, believe it or not. I love that with a pizza, your possibilities are endless. Any combination is fair game, as long as it’s something you enjoy, right? Therefore, you won’t find any measurements in the recipe that follows. Just put as much, or as little, of each ingredient as you’d like.
You can even change the whole pizza pie and make something entirely different. Just make sure yours includes artichoke heart for the food holiday, mmkay?
- Pizza dough (I used [url href=”http://gohsn.co/q3F6″ target=”_blank”]Donatella Arpaia’s Italian Herb[/url])
- Jar of garlic alfredo sauce
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Artichoke hearts
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Fresh spinach
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh lemon juice
- To assemble the pizza, top dough with garlic alfredo sauce, followed by Parmesan cheese, toppings and finally, Mozzarella cheese. Cook pizza according to dough directions.
- Before eating, top pizza with desired amount of arugula and fresh lemon juice.
Tomorrow: National Corned Beef & Cabbage Day
Check out what the other Sunday Supper participants made today!
Green Light Appetizers and Sides
- Espinacas con Crema (Creamed Spinach) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach from It’s Yummi!
- Oven-Fried Green Beans from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Irish Champ from girlichef
- Fresh Herb Tabouleh from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Moroccan Greens from Cooking On The Ranch
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Polenta Crust Creamed Spinach Tart from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes from MealDiva
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Green Rice from Basic N Delicious
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Tarts from Mess Makes Food
- Avocado Fries from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Spinach Cashew Pakoras with Tangy Date Sauce from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garlicky Italian Green Beans and Potatoes from Webicurean
Getting Greens Through Salads
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes from Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Broccoli Spinach Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Apple, Spinach and Zucchini Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Asparagus-Fennel-Pea Shoot Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Entreés That Will Leave You Green With Envy
- Eggs and Greens Pizza from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Creamy Green Pizza from The Foodie Patootie
- Shamrock Spinach Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Healthy Green Pasta from Momma’s Meals
- Swiss Chard & Sausage Pasta Bake from Delaware Girl Eats
- Smothered Cabbage with Pork from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Fettuccine with Bacon Alfredo from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Roasted Asparagus Eggs Benedict With Cajun Hollandaise from Having Fun Saving
- Indulgent Pesto Risotto from The Weekend Gourmet
- Twice Baked Turkey Pie with Cabbage from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Slow-Cooker Irish Stout Chicken Stew from FoodieTots
- Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread Pizza from Family Foodie
Desserts and Beverages That Will Make Others Turn Green
- Lemon Kiwi Meringue Pie from Desserts Required
- Mint Cookies and Stout Shake from Melanie Makes
- Verde Sangria from Country Girl in the Village
- Baileys Mint Ice Cream & Chocolate Stout Float from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shamrock Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Green Tea Latte from Manu’s Menu
- Grasshopper Mousse from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Amazing Grass Brownies from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Leprechaun Ice Cream from Cookistry
- White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting from Cookin’ Mimi
- Collard Greens, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bread Pudding from The Texan New Yorker
- Coconut Avocado Ice Cream from URBAN BAKES
- Lime Meltaways from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Mint Cake from NinjaBaking.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.