National Vanilla Cupcake Day | Vanilla Cupcake for One
Yeah so the post title says this’ll be a recipe for a cupcake for one, but there are two cupcakes in the picture. I don’t mean to confuse anyone, but one of these is a vanilla cupcake and one is an almond cupcake. I decided to use my girl Sally’s recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes for Two, except I used half of the batter for a vanilla cupcake and half the batter for an almond cupcake.
Because it’s important to maximize my food for the food holidays, right? December 15 is National Cupcake Day and, well, it’ll basically be this same recipe, but with different extract. Both with the same frosting, the same sprinkles in the batter because sprinkles are awesome, but I killed two birds with one stone by making two cupcakes. Schwing! Happy National Vanilla Cupcake Day!
Vanilla Cupcake for One
- 1/2 egg white
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 Tbsp milk
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sprinkles
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a muffin pan with 1 liner.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and sugar until combined. Stir in the vanilla, melted butter, and milk, followed by the flour and baking powder. Finally, add sprinkles. Mix everything together well.
- Pour the batter into one of the cupcake liners and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely and frost/decorate as desired.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the softened butter on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until butter is smooth and creamy.
- Add confectioners' sugar, cream, and vanilla extract. Mix on low for 1 minute, increase to high speed for 3 minutes. Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin or more cream if frosting is too thick.