National Homemade Bread Day | Zucchini Bread
It’s National Homemade Bread Day so you’re welcome.
My mom bought me a bread maker so in the very near future, I am going to be making all kinds of fancy-schmancy homemade breads and maybe I’ll get all fancy myself and make some fancy butter to spread on this fancy bread that I’m making with my fancy bread maker.
But, for now, we have zucchini bread made in the oven in a pan that’s perfect for breads, and especially perfect for an easy recipe like this one that I got from my friend Karen who seems like a bread making connoisseur because of her fancy challah bread braiding.
In fact, one of my favorite breads is zucchini bread. I’ve had it from multiple bakeries and I can’t stop, won’t stop, okay? You can’t make me. Anyway, bread. Because bread. Not liking, nay, not loving bread makes you a heathen. That’s right, I said it.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one 8×4 inch loaf pans, liberally, or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Mix in oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt, as well as the chopped walnuts.
- Stir this into the egg mixture. Pour into your prepared loaf pan or muffin tin.
- Bake loaf about 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.