National Peanut Butter Day | Peanut Butter Pie
Is there really anything much better than a good ol’ PB&J sandwich? It’s a classic and for me, anything that highlights peanut butter really makes me nostalgic in a way. Well National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day is April 2nd so you’ll have to wait for that, but today is National Peanut Butter Day and I have a fabulous pie for you to enjoy.
This Peanut Butter Pie is courtesy of my mom, who makes it the best. It tastes like one big Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup- creamy and rich. It’s a decadent dessert you’ll love, just like our family does. We mostly enjoy this pie during those indulgent holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, but a random weekend is always fun too. 🙂
- 1 chocolate crust, or any other kind (pre-made, or make your own, folks)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 14 oz. can condensed milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cool whip
- Chocolate syrup
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add other ingredients (except for chocolate) and beat until smooth. Spoon into pie crust and drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Tomorrow: National Irish Coffee Day