National Welsh Rarebit Day | Welsh Rarebit
Happy National Welsh Rarebit Day!
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp horseradish
- Splash Worcestershire sauce
- Couple dashes of hot sauce
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp stout beer
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk until combined. Add mustard, horseradish, beer, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add beer and heavy cream; whisk. Gradually add cheese and whisk until melted.
- Serve over toasted bread or pieces of baguette.