National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day | Strawberry Pie
Can someone please enlighten me as to why I can’t find rhubarb anywhere? So, so sorry folks, but I don’t have a strawberry-rhubarb pie for you. I simply have a strawberry pie, but let me tell you – it’s amazing.
It doesn’t take a lot, and it’s no bake, which basically makes for a very easy dessert that you’ll want to keep in your list for something fast to share.
Although I kept it in the fridge for several hours to cool and harden slightly, it still served like a crisp, but I’m completely okay with that. We eat with our eyes first and no matter how it comes out of the pie pan, it still looks good!
- 1 (9 inch) no-bake pie crust
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Cut tops (leaves) of strawberries off and then cut each into quarters.
- Arrange half of strawberries in the pie crust. Drizzle chocolate syrup over them.
- Mash the remaining strawberries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture. Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over berries in pastry shell. Chill for several hours before serving.