National Strawberry Cream Pie Day | Mixed Berry Pie Parfait
Mmmmm-mmmm! Strawberry Cream PIE! I had major plans for a gorgeous strawberry cream pie, a creamy pie pie with a pretty strawberry design on top. But then reality set in and I realized that I would be out of town shortly after making it (I’m currently driving home from a weekend in New Orleans for Megan’s wedding!) and so some may go to waste. Also, the grocery store didn’t have strawberry pie filling. How is this possible? Well, I just don’t know.
On the fly I decided to grab the mixed berry pie filling off the shelf and layer it in mason jars with homemade whipped cream and some crushed graham cracker. I was able to make 2 jars and that’s what the below recipe will make for you.
This took me so time at all and the combination of all ingredients worked out very well. It’s a cute, fun, and tasty dessert that’s made even better when in mason jars to enjoy.
Mixed Berry Pie Parfait
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers (I used the honey flavored)
- 1 (21 ounce) can mixed berry pie filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cream, sugar and vanilla. Whip until hard peaks are formed.
- Layer graham cracker crumbles, mixed berry pie filling, and whipped cream in mason jars. Top with crushed graham crackers.
Tomorrow: National Coffee Day