National Jelly-Filled Doughnut Day | Jelly-Filled Cinnamon Doughnut Holes
Sometimes, I struggle with what to write for every single one of my food holiday posts. I mean, there is a lot going on! There comes a time when it’s virtually impossible to write something fun and entertaining, or even informative, when you are writing over 400 posts for the year.
Forgive me that this is a quick and unimaginative post as it’s officially 11:50pm where I am and I’m just lucky that I don’t collapse out of my computer chair due to sheer exhaustion.
If there is one day that you can indulge without feeling crappy it’s when you make really small doughnut holes, right?
Jelly-Filled Cinnamon Doughnut Holes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Raspberry jam
- Combine ingredients according to cake mix instructions.
- Fill doughnut hole maker according to instruction booklet.
- Once doughnut holes are done, roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Using an injector, insert raspberry jam in each doughnut hole, allowing it to overfill slightly and come out of the hole. (That's the bonus jam!)