National Harvey Wallbanger Day | It’s My Birthday and…
…I’ll decide to cook if I want to. Normally, when I commit to something, I stick to it. There are times when I don’t, of course, because circumstances get in the way or whatever “it” is turned out to be different than what I expected. I could easy make a Harvey Wallbanger for today’s food holiday. Do you know how easy this cocktail is? I have all the ingredients and I don’t have anything to do until about 1pm.
But, damn it, it’s my BIRTHDAY…my 30th one, at that, and I am deciding that I don’t have to make today’s food holiday. Instead, I’m doing the following:
- Watching Mad Men. I’m almost done with Season 6 on Netflix and then I don’t know what to do until Season 7 is available! Gimme show suggestions, please!
- Smelling the big pot of soup I have already cooking on the stovetop, which includes potatoes, corn, green beans, lemon, cheese, and all the other things that’ll make this soup amazing.
- Enjoying my new iPhone 6 and thanking Sprint for sending it out to be a month before the expected arrival date, yay!
- Packing my bag for tonight. My husband got us a hotel room in downtown Tampa for the night so we can go right there after our fun time at Zoofari, instead of going home exhausted.
- Reading 30 Things to Do When You Turn 30courtesy of Krystal who sent me this book as a gift. I’m already a couple of stories in and love it.
So, friends, consider this my pass card on the food holiday challenge. Tomorrow we’ll pick it back up with National Scrapple Day.