National Cream Cheese Brownie Day | Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce
It’s not enough to have a swirled dessert. Although I’m not that big of a fan of chocolate, I do like brownies and I love cream cheese. But do you know what I love even more than those two things combined? Cheesecake! I thought to myself, “Why not make a cheesecake with a brownie crust for today?” So, that’s exactly what I did.
This was surprisingly simple. I have made larger cheesecakes before so I just made slight adjustments to the batter and poured it into about 18 large muffin/cupcake tins after making the brownie crust. Topped with a homemade salted caramel sauce from Sally’s Baking Addiction and it was on point.
The salted caramel sauce is the best. I really couldn’t have come up with a better one so Sally’s will be my go-to from now on. When cheesecakes are bite-sized (or, 2 bites-sized in this case), they are the best kind of cheesecakes. Cute, and don’t cause you to overindulge.
- [b]Brownie Crust[/b]
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate bars
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 packs (24 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- [url href=”http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/homemade-salted-caramel-recipe/” target=”_blank”]Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce[/url]
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Place cupcake liners in 18 large tins.
- Melt butter and chocolate together, either in the microwave or double boiler. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, or a large bowl, cream together the sugar and eggs. Add the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Add salt and then slowly add flour until fully incorporated. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop chocolate into linings and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool while making the cheesecake. Lower oven to 325*F.
- Beat together cream cheese. Add sugar and vanilla, followed by eggs. Mix to combine and until smooth and creamy.
- Evenly distribute over the brownie crust.
- Bake at 325*F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Place in fridge for 2 hours.
- When ready to eat, top with warmed up [url href=”http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/homemade-salted-caramel-recipe/” target=”_blank”]Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce[/url]
Tomorrow: National Peppermint Patty Day