National Chocolate Brownie Day | Peanut Butter-Stuffed Milk Chocolate Brownie
I’m truly surprised that there aren’t many more days dedicated to chocolate brownies throughout the year. It’s a popular snack/dessert/food group, you know, whatever you want to refer to it as.
I’m a fan of brownies, but I have to say that the best brownies are those that are fudge-like. These from today’s recipe are not, but they are great too. It’s just that we have this really fantastic place in Tampa called Alessi. It’s like a market/sandwich shop/catering/lunch stop all in one. Serving some of the best hispanic food in Tampa Bay, it’s a staple for sure. They make these fudgey walnut brownies that are so dense and rich that my milk-hating self wants a cold tall glass alongside.
Since I wasn’t creating fudge brownies, I decided to make regular brownies peanut butter stuffed so you can still enjoy the same chewy, thick texture as you would with fudge brownies. You’re totally welcome.
Peanut Butter-Stuffed Milk Chocolate Brownie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 325*F. Line an 8x8 baking square pan with parchment paper. Coat with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Let cool slightly. Meanwhile, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl. While whisking, add the melted butter to the sugar mixture; whisk in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, continuing to whisk to combine. Add flour and stir using a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Top with chunks of the peanut butter middle (recipe below) and top with remaining brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean (a few crumbs are okay).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat all ingredients together on medium-high speed until combined.