National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day | A Repeat
I think it’s dumb that there’s a National Chocolate with Almonds Day and a National Bittersweet Chocolate Day. I mean, couldn’t we have just accomplished it all with today’s food holiday? So, because I’m feeling like a rebel, I’m not sharing a new recipe for today. I’m just not. It makes no sense! Instead, I’ll share the recipe I made for Triple Chocolate Day.
On National English Toffee Day, I shared my dislike for chocolate. Maybe I went to the extreme because I don’t really hate chocolate all the time. It’s just never my favorite thing. (I have quite a few national food holidays that involve chocolate so I better get used to it.)
One thing we actually make regularly at home are chocolate-covered strawberries. They are easy, delicious, and save for a couple of days. When not at the peak of season, I find it hard to keep strawberries from molding if not eaten right away!
For National Bittersweet Chocolate Day, I wanted to make strawberries. Not only were they on sale, but I had some bittersweet chocolate chips left in my pantry from a previous baking adventure. Score! (Obviously in this food holiday challenge, it’s important to use up what I have to avoid a high grocery bill!)
But, for the national food holidays, just covering some strawberries with chocolate wasn’t enough. I wanted to do something a little extra. I drizzled (or attempted to drizzle, as you can tell from the photos, hehe) white chocolate on top, which is fun enough, but before all this, I injected Chocovine into each berry.
Chocovine is a dessert wine, obviously, made with red wine and chocolate, and it packed these berries with a nice liquor punch, thankyouverymuch. Now to have any strawberries without it will never be the same. Happy National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day!
Triple Chocolate Strawberries
- 1 lb strawberries (16 ounces)
- Chocovine wine
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (melt more if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (melt more if needed)
- Rinse strawberries and dry completely.
- Using a flavor injector, inject Chocovine into the strawberry from the top. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt bittersweet chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring semi-constantly. Add vanilla. Remove from heat when melted.
- In another small sauce pan, melt white chocolate chips in the same fashion. Remove from heat when melted.
- Dip strawberries one by one in the bittersweet chocolate and set on a pan covered with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, drizzle melted white chocolate over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set, about 30 minutes.